buy prednisone online for dogs Among many religious people, traditional spiritual practices are returning, now in an ecological key. Each practical act represents a conversion to the Earth.
They commit themselves to:
• Contemplation: Aware of the beauty of natural world, they look upon it with love: “Seeing that the bush still burns, we take off our shoes.” (Ask the Beasts p.282)
• Asceticism: Aware of the needs of others, they adopt forms of self-denial for the good of all living beings.
• Study: Aware that their understanding is only partial, they commit themselves to learning more about the needs of the earth and all its species.
• Community life: Aware of the community of creation that surrounds them, they also recognize the power of community in human life. They support – and are supported by – local communities committed to the earth and to prophetic action on its behalf .
• Prophetic action: Aware of suffering ecosystems and suffering species, they work together to establish justice for the earth.
And so Ask the Beasts ends with a final question:
CONVERSION TO THE EARTH – OR NOT?